As the El Paso County Republican Party, we have a Mission. Our Mission – and if you are on our team you have already accepted it – is to elect Republican candidates to office. But that’s not all. We do that with a clearly defined purpose in mind: to be true to the fundamental principles of the Republican party. These principles are rooted in our Founding documents, and expressed in our national Party platform, and they are summarized here:
- We affirm along with the Declaration of Independence that all are created equal, endowed by their Creator with inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness
- We believe in the Constitution as our is an enduring covenant
- We believe our constitutional system of limited government, separation of powers, federalism, and the rights of the people must be preserved
- We believe political freedom and economic freedom are indivisible
- We believe that people are the ultimate resource — that the people, not the government, are the best stewards of our country’s God-given natural resources.
These enduring principles have been hailed uniquely by the Republican Party. This Party – when living up to its purpose and principles – is the Guardian of Liberty. We seek to elect candidates who have these firmly Republican principles woven into their purpose for seeking office.
Yes, each candidate develops specific messaging that fits the issues relevant to the times and to their intended office, yet the fundamental principles of the Republican Party are to inform that messaging.
The Republican brand is our brand. We may not always represent it well, but it is the best brand in politics. And as members of the El Paso County Republican Party we are ambassadors of that brand.
Let’s recommit to our Mission – it is the reason our Party structure exists. And through a number of State mandated, bylaws-required and mission-driven activities we will continue to work to fulfill it.
Let’s breathe greater life into our efforts through a strong Vision to build up our team help and coordinate for even greater success. We will strengthen this organization and achieve more together than we ever could on our own. We will each fulfill our jobs, so that together we will have a job well done. We will build a Culture of Respect and collaboration that creates an invitational environment that people will be drawn to.
We will use Best Practices that are efficient and effective and operate from a Customer Success mindset, and that honor donor intent. Through these efforts, we will be poised to experience an increase in participation that will lead to superior results in voter turn-out.
Here’s the Vision to accomplish our Mission…
Do our jobs well, resulting in a job well done
- Reaffirm what we signed up to do for the Party
- Review and recommit to our Duties and Responsibilities, with our Bylaws as the guide
- Become even more equipped for greater success
- Work together as a team as we each fulfill our purpose
Efficiency and Accountability
- Incorporate Best Practices that are honored by today’s successful nonprofits
- Streamline our processes for greater efficiency to get more done in a shorter time frame
- Inculcate a Customer Success mindset at every level, so that we are not just reacting to what people need, but anticipating needs in serving them
- Honor donor intent by focusing on mission-driven events and activities
Culture of Respect
- As brand ambassadors, build a solid and respected reputation as Republicans in the community
- Demonstrate decorum and dignity in all of our interactions, including with those with whom we disagree
- Offer due process in our interactions by believing the best and giving others the benefit of the doubt, while asking questions to seek understanding
- Recognize that a Culture of Respect creates an invitational environment that will draw new people to our team
- Do everything with integrity, including honoring non-disclosure agreements and using our roles in the Party to conduct the official business of the Party
- Stamp out complaining and commit to solving problems instead
- Encourage regular positive interaction and sharing of ideas among members throughout the organization
- Understand and honor one another’s roles while seeking and considering input from all members and volunteers in order to make improvements
- Identify, welcome, recruit and train more volunteers and activists to strengthen our Party and improve our effectiveness
We have so many great people involved in the Party in El Paso County. Let’s keep that going, draw in new people in, stick to our Principles, build our culture and win back the respect of the community.
We’ve got a big job to do, but everything we do is better together.